You just launched the SLR Moss progressive web app.
How PWAs work
- A PWA is sort of a cross between a website and an application.
- They’re primarily designed for mobile devices, but can also be used on some desktop machines.
- Any page you visit on a PWA-enabled site while online will be cached on your device, and be available to view even when you’re offline.
- If you clear your browsing history (cache), any pages that you previously visited will no longer be viewable offline.
PWAs have limited support on Apple iOS devices
- Because the browser interface is removed, there are no back/forward arrows (Android has built in system navigation).
- No opening “splash” screen.
- No push notifications.
- Lack of a “web app banner” that informs user of PWA functionality.
- Lack of support for browsers other than Safari.